1. Open a new movie
2. CLick Insert=> New Symbol to create a new symbol.
Set the properties to that of a button. On your button stage draw a rectangle. Click back to your scene 1.
3. Open your
library by clicking the menu item: window=> library or F11
4. Place the button on the stage by dragging it from the
library to the stage in frame 1
the actions panel by clicking the menu item: window=>actions. It will appear
6. Click once on the button on the stage to highlight it.
7. While the button is highlighted on the stage, click the + sign on the upper
right side of the actions panel, select Actions => Browser/Network => getURL
8. The script for GETURL will be
written in the white box. Down below is a blank for URL. Type in the full URL.
Flash does not like relative URL's here. (ie:
9. In the box for Window, select one of the following from the drop down box:
_blank for new window
_parent for the same window
_top for replacing a frameset window
10. You are done!