Animated Text Mask
Open a new movie by clicking file=> New. Set your movie to the following
- background color= white
- frame rate= 12 fps
2. Click File=> import. Locate the image of the balloon you downloaded
and import it onto the stage.
3.Open your library (F11) and double click the icon infront of the
balloons.jjpg to bring up the bmp properties. Set the properties to
- allow smoothing checked
- uncheck use imported JPG data
- Set to 50% quality.
Center the image on the stage. Rename layer 1 to balloon by double clicking
the name. Click the lock column to lock it.
5. Click the button on the bottom of the timeline palette to add a layer.
The layer will appear above the balloon layer. Name the layer "Animated
Click Insert=> New symbol. Set the following:
- Name = Text
- Behavior= graphic
7. Type the words "Hot Air Balloons" in the text symbol with the
- 96 pt
- Character Spacing = -6
Click back on scene1 to edit the main scene. Make sure the animated text
layer is the active layer.
9. Drag an instance of the text symbol from the library out on to the
stage. Use your move tool to position it to the left of the stage.
10. Click in frame 30 of the animated text layer. Hit your F6 key
to add a keyframe to frame 30. Click in frame 30 of the balloon layer
and Hit your F5 key to extend it out to frame 30.
11. Click back in frame 30 of the animated text layer. Use your move tool
to move the text over the stage. Select your transform tool to resize the
width so it fits over the stage.
Click on frame 1 of the animated text layer. Set the properties of the frame
to tween = motion.
The frames should appear with a purple tint and solid arrow from frame 1
to frame 30.
13. Right click on the animated layer and select mask. This will mlock
both layers and make the animated layer a mask of the one below it.
14. Click drag to highlight frame 60 of both layers. Hit your F5 key to
extend your frames out to 60. Play your movie.